Thames Motor Cycle Club was established in 1983 under the auspices of the ACU, catering for adult and youth riders from the age of 6 years upwards. The aim of the club is to give riders fun and competition in off-road motorcycling.
The club is run entirely by volunteers made up from established trials riders and other members, all are welcome to join the committee and assist at all events. The club holds up to 12 events each year. All our club trials are run to Stop Allowed rules.
The club caters for all classes of riders from the complete beginner to the more accomplished, the class ridden is determined by ability. As a member of Thames Motor Cycle Club, you will automatically receive its monthly newsletter containing results of the last trials, and also the dates and locations of future trials. This done via e-mail to allow the club to keep costs down for the members, so please make sure you provide a valid e-mail address when joining! These dates are also published each week in the Trials and Motocross News in the ‘trials regs’ section. Also in the TMX is a report of the most recent Thames event. The website will also contain news of events, results of past events, as well as the club championship standings.
All events start at 10.30 am, unless stated otherwise – check before turning out. Observers and helpers are always needed, please volunteer if you can. The committee has decided to offer £15 to any observer for open and restricted trials from 2015 in line with some other clubs.
Join the club!
Please renew your club membership and ACU registration, online if possible, as this saves a lot of time and trouble for the membership secretary.
Please log on to the ACU website and renew your club membership at the same time as your ACU licence for 2017. This takes no longer than 5 minutes and will not cost you or the club anymore. About 40% of the 2016 members renewed using this method and it would be great for me if this was significantly increased this year.
The club membership form for 2017 can be downloaded from the link at the end of this article. You can, of course, print this off and post to me along with the relevant membership fee. I will return your membership card with Unique number for ACU registration as soon as I can.
Adult membership has been maintained at £10 for the year with youth membership at £5. 2017 membership form
(Youth membership is free with any adult membership from the same family)
- President: Malcolm Rathmell
- Chairman: Steve Austin 01903 755330 Email
- Secretary: Bob Brown 01895 638738 Email This post is available, please come forward now to volunteer.
- Treasurer: Jeff Morgan 01932 226554 Email
- Newsletter Editor: Hanna Etherington 07950134890 Email
- Membership Secretary: Steven Brown 01753 887 353 Email
- Awards Secretary: Martin Kemp 01252 768750 Email
- Land/Permit Officer: This post is available, please come forward now to volunteer.
- Club Recorder: Martin Kemp 01252 768750 Email
- Event Sec Kit Keeper: Bob Brown 01895 638738 Email
- Toilets Keeper: Paul Sims Email
- Star Group Rep: Paul Sims Email
- SEC Meetings Rep: Vacant
- C o C Kit Keeper: all C o C’s
- Committee Member: Mark Ward 01483 472965 Email
- Committee Member: Paul Sims Email
- Committee Member: Jon Yendell 01483 761 504 Email
- Committee Member: Nigel Hains 01626 628546 Email
- Committee Member: Gary Brown 01895 230 677 Email
- Committee Member: Peter Steer 0208 979 1132 Email
- Committee Member: Peter Thatcher 07814 087398 Email
- Website Editor: Peter Thatcher Email